Expat Housing Costa Rica guides you from A to Z in your journey to find the right house in San Jose Costa Rica. We are an independent real estate agent that search the entire housing market to find you the most suitable properties in San Jose Costa Rica.
What can we do for you?
- Provide you a checklist for your international move to Costa Rica
- Search the market in San Jose for properties that match your requirements as much as possible
- Provide a workshop together with a real estate attorney about all the legal aspects of buying property in Costa Rica
- Coordinate viewings with the real estate agents or landlord
- Negotiate on your behalf, to ensure the most favorable conditions before you sign
- In case of renting we coordinate the lease signing and payment for the first month’s rent and deposit
- Setup an inspection report during the check-in including pictures and an inventory list of the rental property
- Organize the connection for gas, electricity and water
- Apply for TV, telephone and internet
Procedure with renting a house
Together we create a summary of your property needs such as the area in San Jose you would like to live, number of bedrooms, furnished or unfurnished, maximum rental price, etc. We search the entire market for rental properties in San Jose and we send you the links to view the pictures and descriptions online. After you have made a selection of the rental properties you want to view, we coordinate the viewings with the real estate agents or landlords. On the day of the viewings we will pick you up at your hotel to view the rental properties.
Once you have decided which rental property suits you the most, we make an offer and negotiate on your behalf. Once terms and conditions have been agreed on, we coordinate the signing of the lease agreement.
Upon your arrival we make sure the house is entirely cleaned and the fridge is filled with preferred groceries.
During the check-in we do a walk-through of the property and setup a condition report including pictures and an inventory list. This is to avoid misunderstandings with the landlord at the end of the rental period.
During the entire rental period our friendly team is here to advise you in every aspect of your stay.
Besides our Housing Services we offer many extra services to make your relocation to Costa Rica much more easy. Learn more about these services on our page Relocation Services and contact us today for your tailored options.